Communities and Justice

Transcripts forms and fees

Order forms for transcripts

This page has the transcript order forms and details of where to lodge them for these courts:

  • Supreme Court
  • District Court
  • Local Court
  • Industrial Relations Commission

Information about fees for transcripts is at the bottom of this page.

Other courts and tribunals

You can order transcripts for the Land and Environment Court and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) from the relevant registries.

Details of how to order transcripts from the other courts and tribunals can be obtained from the jurisdiction websites. See NSW courts and tribunals for links.

Supreme Court transcripts

A new process for the delivery of Supreme Court Civil daily transcript has been introduced. After submitting your request a nominated service provider will contact you to arrange payment details. Daily transcript will not be provided until payment details have been confirmed.

Visit the Supreme Court website for details on how to order a transcript.

Reporting Services Branch

Phone: 02 8757 1022

Fax: 02 8688 9671

Local Court and District Court transcripts

Criminal Jurisdiction and Local Court Civil Jurisdiction

Are you a party in a local or district court proceeding (i.e. defendant, complainant, legal representative, prosecution, plaintiff)?

If you are a party to a case, you can order a transcript or a sound recording online through the new Online Transcripts Portal, via the Online Registry Website.

Customers can:

  • Order a transcript
  • View progress of a transcript request
  • Access completed transcripts
  • Receive email notifications

To use the new portal, you must be a participant in the case and be registered in the online registry. If you are not already registered for the online registry, you can create an Online Registry Website account. 

If you are a non-party in a local or district court proceeding (you are not a named defendant, complainant, legal representative, prosecution or plaintiff)

You will need download the following forms to complete and send to the particular court where your matter was heard.

District Court Civil Jurisdiction

For Local and District Court proceedings in the Sydney CBD order transcripts from:

Location: Level 4, Downing Centre, 143 - 147 Liverpool St, Sydney

Phone: 02 9287 7338

Fax: 02 9287 7542

Email - District - Civil

Email - District - Civil Backtranscript:

Email - Localdclc-transcripts@justice.nsw.g​

For Local and District Court proceedings in the outer metropolitan and country areas, you may lodge the form at the registry of the court where the matter was heard.

Industrial Relations Commission 

For matters heard in the Industrial Relations Commission you can order transcripts directly from the registry:

Location: Ground Floor, 47 Bridge St, Sydney

Phone: 02 4226 6888

Fax: 02 4228 6711

Fees for transcripts

Transcription fees are prescribed under the Criminal Procedure Regulations 2017 and the Civil Procedure Regulation 2017.

To find out about cost of transcripts, an application has to be made to the court or tribunal where the matter was heard.

Fees for transcripts may be paid by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card (Visa card, Mastercard and Bankcard accepted).

Waiver of fees

All litigants who receive Legal Aid and all appellants in the Court of Criminal Appeal automatically receive a waiver of transcript fees.

What if you cannot afford to pay for a transcript?

If you need a transcript, but cannot afford to pay for it, apply to the registrar of the court where the case was heard. The registrar has the power to decide whether you can have the transcript free of charge, for a lower fee, or whether you can delay payment until you can afford to pay.

Last updated:

29 Feb 2024

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Top Return to top of page Top